Saturday 29 October 2011

Night Photography (Shutter Speed Assignment)

Here are a collection of photos I took at night time using a slow shutter speed.

(ISO - 100) f3.5 1/4
 I took this as soon as I was outside, just to adjust the settings. It's the most sharpest one and the rest were too dark.
(ISO - 100) f5.6 1/4
 A few photos later, I got out into the street and I'd changed my settings before then, so this didn't quite capture the street lights very well, they're merely floating dots! 

(ISO - 100) f5.6 1 sec
 The aperture was at it's limit so I had to change the shutter speed, thankfully this got the correct exposure but I had a weakness of trying to be too quick at this shoot, so unfortunately was out of focus. This is pure practice though, I've never photographed night properly like this. I need a tripod!

(ISO - 100) f5.6 1/3
 I wanted a nice street view, this one was ahead of me, I adjusted the seconds on it as there was a more even light. I had several goes to actually get it in focus this time, this was the most focused one and I'm actually quite proud of it! I still feel like it's on the softer side though.

(ISO - 100) f5.6 1/3
 I decided to try out some lighting trails using car headlights as they went past, I've done this before but not stood out on the street. I felt this shot was too early and too short in exposure, the line is short.

(ISO - 100) f5.6 1 sec
(ISO - 100) f5.6 1 sec
(ISO - 100) f5.6  0.8 sec
Then these were more of the results with a longer exposure to get these more better light trails.

I feel that I will come back to these and try them again one day and hopefully create some wonderful night time images!

No comments:

Post a Comment