Tuesday 11 October 2011

Some of my recent gig photos.

Here are some gig photos I took on Saturday.

(ISO - 800) f3.5 1/50


(ISO - 400) f3.5 1/60


(ISO - 800) f3.5 1/100


(ISO - 800) f3.5 1/50


(ISO - 200) f5.6 1/30


(ISO - 800) f3.5 1/100


(ISO - 400) f3.5 1/45
I didn't use manual that much because I was struggling to find the best settings whilst missing the action, so I tried some presets like shutter priority which seemed to work the best, party mode worked well but didn't always set the flash off and which my bridge camera, no flash equals bad quality gig photos unfortunately. Now being aware of the ISO end of it, I can now try to experiment in manual at a gig with more confidence! I have been told a wide aperture and slow(ish) shutter speed is also what I need from the drummer of the band above (last 2 images) who also is a photographer. The weakness of these settings for my camera will be that I may have blurred images without the power of the flash. I shall try this though and see what I get, it may result in effective images; maybe not for showing them, but as a photographer, to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment