Monday 3 October 2011

(Opinions)Diary Of Photography Findings:

29/9/11 – So today I had to sadly return the borrowed camera :( but I found out a fact I never knew; the histogram. I had always wondered what the exact point of this was, it comes up in photoshop and it comes up on the camera. Basically, what this measures is the exposure. The left side measures shadows, the middle measures midtones and the right side measures highlights, so if in photoshop you want the tones to be pretty even, adjusting it will drag them out to level them up (hence the name levels I guess!) Within the camera, it indicates if the photo you’ve taken is either at a normal exposure or either under or over, which is pretty useful because you have an instant graph to tell you if you need to have another go, especially because sometimes it’s hard to tell how the image really is by looking on the lcd screen, it tends to be more true on your computer/laptop screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment