Tuesday 11 October 2011

(Opinions)Diary Of Photography Findings:

I read some of 'Light And Lens: Photography In The Digital Age' last night, I made notes on some of my findings too.
It suggests that today's camera does not have an aperture ring, it's all internal adjustments now. It appears that I have never noticed this properly before until that being mentioned in the book I remember when using an SLR in college that I had to change everything via the lens, but it has never come to mind how different it is in an DSLR, I have just simply adapted to it without thinking. It makes me think that when people who have tried using a DSLR first that they would probably notice this fact once moving on to a SLR. Everything digital now is all internal, the only thing that isn't internal is the focal length and quality of zoom, which stands to reason why lenses are infact more important than the camera body itself. I was told this fact a few weeks back in the Camulet shop, but couldn't work out exactly why this was, but now I can.


Since I was having trouble still grasping how ISO works, I decided to read up on this too. It seems that the higher the ISO number, the more sensitive to light the sensor is; making it more possible to shoot in low light conditions without flash and a tripod. This is the reason why gig photography uses more higher ISO's. So now that I know this, I will always ensure my ISO is quite high when doing my gig photography.


Of course, before this entry, I recently had photographed a gig on my own bridge camera, it was quite strange demoting back to it, it took a good few songs to get used to it again, plus my ISO had been low all that time, then I changed it to high and things started looking up finally. If I had researched the ISO fact before this, I would have had less trouble. I will post these gig images as soon as I have edited them and seen good examples to prove a point on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment